On August 23rd, Hearthstone Grandmasters Season 2 is starting, with a new System replacing the disputed Specialist Format, streamed on the PlayHearthstone Twitch Channel.
Hearthstone Grandmasters consists of two eight-week seasons, with five 1v1 best-of-three Specialist matches played on Twitch every Friday and Saturday and six matches played every Sunday across three regions: the Americas, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. Grandmasters will culminate in an epic global finals at year’s end, where the top two competitors from each region, plus two Gold Series Champions from China, will compete for a $500,000 prize pool.
The new System:
Specialist format for Grandmasters Season 2 will be replacing with best-of-three Conquest featuring a Shield Phase.
How it Works
- The two battling players bring four decks, each from a unique class.
- The match starts with a Shield Phase where both players will choose one of their own decks to “protect” that cannot be banned.
- Each player will then ban one of their opponents’ decks, removing it from the pool.
- Each player then selects which of their eligible decks they would like to play first, then begin their first game of the match.
- After the first game has concluded, the winning deck is removed from the pool before both players pick which of their remaining decks they would like to play next.
- If after the second game one player is 2-0, then the match is over!
- If the score is 1-1, then the winning deck from the second game is removed from the pool and both players will choose their third and final deck to decide the series.
For more info visit the offical PlayHearthstone Website.