Q: With which operating systems is the Omnislash Game Companion compatible
A: Windows 10, Windows 7
Q: I’m having technical issues with the Game Companion. What do I do?
A: Please send an email to email@example.com or drop your issues into the feedback channel in our official Discord. Also check out our list of Known Issues to check if it has already been reported.
Q: Which Hearthstone™ game modes does the Game Companion support?
A: Currently, the Game Companion only supports Casual, Ranked Ladder, Solo Adventure and Practice modes of Hearthstone™
Q: What is the current version of the app (open/closed beta, 1.0, etc?)
A: Open Beta, version 0.9.0.
Q: Do I need to create an account with Omnislash in order to use the Game Companion?
A: Not currently! Simply download and install the app, and you’ll be ready to play. We do plan to implement Omnislash accounts to support future features of the Game Companion.
Q: Do I need to sign in to any other accounts in order to use the Game Companion?
A: You need an active Battle.net account in order to play Hearthstone™. However the deck tracker does not require any sign-in at this time.
Q: Does the Game Companion work with other card games?
A: Currently, the Game Companion only works with Hearthstone™.
Q: Is there a way to disable the turn tracker portion of the Game Companion?
A: You can shrink the size of the turn tracker by selecting “Streamer Mode” in the settings, but you cannot disable it altogether.
Q: Can you reposition or resize individual elements of the Game Companion’s in-game overlays/UI?
A: Not at the moment. If this is an important feature to you, let us know in our official Discord.
Check below for a description of the various terms that power the Omnislash Game Companion.
Glossary of Terms / Definitions:
- Omnislash Game Companion: a Hearthstone deck tracker and analysis tool
- Omnislash Board Advantage: the strength of a player’s board as determined by the number of minions, as well as their strengths and abilities. As the graph goes up, the player has the advantage and controls the board. As the graph goes down, the opponent has the advantage.
- Omnislash Resource Advantage: an assessment of the strength of your resources in the game as determined by these factors: cards-in-hand, cards-in-deck, Life, and a li’l bit of secret sauce.
- Omnislash Resource Impact: what change did each action make to your Resource? Advantage?
- Omnislash Play Efficiency: for played cards, how much impact did they have to your Board Advantage relative to their mana cost; for attacks, how much Board Advantage did you gain relative to the board resources you spent?
- Omnislash Board Impact: what change did each action make to your Board Advantage?
- OmniStats: any proprietary statistics developed by Omnislash
- Most Impactful Play: per-player, the card or action that lead to the greatest change in the Board Advantage on that turn
- Most Valuable Play: for the entire game, each player’s individual card play that had the greatest impact on their Board Advantage
- Real-Time Analysis: the panel that appears during gameplay to offer live analysis of each game
- Post-Game Analysis: the panel that appears after each game with a complete record of the game and the relevant OmniStats
- Turn Tracker: game event log on the left side of the screen, focusing on cards played and hero powers. Also includes turn timer, cards-in-deck remaining, and hand size
- Deck Tracker: a dynamic list of all the cards in your deck and which ones you’ve already drawn. Displays on the right side of your screen