This article is a summary of a blog post about how personal rating works in Hearthstone Battlegrounds.
- On the second day of Open Beta, if your rating was 4200, you were roughly more skilled than 77% of the players playing Battlegrounds; if your rating was 5000, this would be better than 99% of the players.
- There are 56 factors to calculate your MMR, Examples:
- Your Rating
- Opponent’s rating
- Finished Place
- You will get roughly 195 pts for a first place on your first game and 98 pts for a first place on your 150th game or after
- They added a very small progression adjustment to your rating after each game. This adjustment always has a positive value and depends on your current rating unless you reach 6500 rating or above. Therefore, in theory, playing more games in Battlegrounds will give you a small advantage in terms of “boosting” your rating (if you are below 6500 rating).
- Elo and Glicko are primarily designed for 2 player games, not 8 player games, so they decided to use their own system